The J-Man's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The J-Man's Domain

A place to hang out and do stuff, I guess...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking For An Artist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lizuka

Lizuka

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Looking For An Artist Empty
PostSubject: Looking For An Artist   Looking For An Artist Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm

Not sure whether to put this here or in the Art forum, but I figured I should go with my first instinct.

My current webcomic has stalled out due to having an artist who is both slow and, in all honesty, not very good (though she is a likeable person and has made several solid suggestions to the story), and as such I'm wanting to start another comic that runs more frequently, is more lighthearted, and hopefully has better art. So I'm accepting aplications for the artist position-- if you're interested, send me a PM and I'll supply the particular details about what I'm looking for.

The comic is about a rather curious group of people that includes:
Stacy "Ariel" Thorn: Ariel is a 23-year-old woman who lives with her parents. She dresses in a gothic manner but does not indulge in the other characteristics of the subculture, and works as a cashier in a magic shop while taking online college courses on Sundays. She is deathly afraid of needles, and is a very experimental person-- in her words, she will "try anything twice". Everyone but Marcus, Jessica, Kevin, and Vespitina refers to her as her given name.
Marcus Thorn: Ariel's 17-year-old half-brother, who much like his sister dresses in a goth manner though he does get into the culture to some degree. Around the house he is generally more friendly than in public, though he is very softspoken in both environments. He unlike all of his siblings is fully black instead of half. Vespitina has nicknamed him "Marky", which Ariel also sometimes calls him.
Eric & David Thorn: The 16-year-old twins who are the half-brothers of Ariel and Marcus and the full brothers of Nancy, Eric is an openly sensitive, helpful person with a close group of friends while David, despite being a jock, has no friends due in large part to a very bitter attitude developed due to his own severe lack of self-confidence. Both are quite versatile on a football field, but only David is on the team because he wants Eric to be able to sub for him if he doesn't feel like playing or has another engagement.
Nancy Thorn: The 6-year-old baby of the family, Nancy is a kind but mischevious little girl who idolizes Ariel. Ariel is especially infuriated when Nancy calls her Stacy because she was born after Marcus gave her the nickname. Nancy is a huge fan of videogames after being introduced to them by David, and is incredibly skilled at them for her age.
Vespitina: Vespitina is the 18-year-old uncrowned queen of the pixies who temporarily resides on Earth while trying to balance the forces of good and evil (good is far more ahead than it should be), but all she ever really does is sit around the house and boast that she is an expert at virtually everything. She lives in 'Dimension V', an artificial dimension she created in Marcus's closet. Everyone but Marcus calls her Tina, while he calls her Vespy.
Kevin Walker: Ariel's 27-year-old tall, pale-skinned white-haired boyfriend of six years. He can be sort of creepy due to his appearance, but he is a fairly nice guy all things considered. He has a closet interest in vampirism, which Ariel is aware of and has indulged in with him on occassion.
Jessica Lawler: Jessica is Ariel's 24-year-old best friend and half-sister who works in a deli near the Thorn house. The two first met when Ariel went to the deli once when she was 16, and almost immediately realized they were from the same mother upon seeing Jessica. Jessica is a generally sarcastic person who has a deep interest in anything magical, and as such is mezmorized by Vespitina, despite the fact that Vespy hardly ever actually uses her powers.

If this sounds like an interesting comic to you and you think you can manage to draw two comics a week on a regular basis send me a message and I'll send the specifics your way.
Back to top Go down
http://lizuka.deviantart.com

Looking For An Artist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The J-Man's Domain :: General Discussion-
Jump to: