The J-Man's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The J-Man's Domain

A place to hang out and do stuff, I guess...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice for first-time con-goers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The J-Man
Overlord
The J-Man

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-04

Advice for first-time con-goers Empty
PostSubject: Advice for first-time con-goers   Advice for first-time con-goers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Okay, towards the end of next month, I'm heading back home to Corpus Christi for an anime convention called RealmsCon, and seeing how this is the first time I've actually attended such an event, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips they could give me for survival at one. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com
SuperSecretAgent-Squirrel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice for first-time con-goers   Advice for first-time con-goers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 pm

Cons. Always interesting. Well, since it's an anime con, I'd advise bringing a camera. Always a few interesting costumes that you should want to take a snap of. Bring around $50, so that you can buy any cheap con-crap you need (which you can resell on ebay for at least twice what you bought it for)- take as much free stuff as you can (at my last con, they gave out magic the gathering boosters. The extra hundred cards really bolstered my collection), and generally, enjoy.

Can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
The J-Man
Overlord
The J-Man

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Advice for first-time con-goers   Advice for first-time con-goers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 6:33 pm

*sigh* Sadly, it now seems as though I won't be going this year afterall. I won't go into all the details, but it just wouldn't be the right thing to do at the moment, so I'm going to have to put it off until next year instead. A real shame though, I was really looking forward to finally attending the event, but at least now I can prepare and maybe even have a decent costume set up (thought about going as one of the Ghostbusters, to be honest. =P)
Back to top Go down
http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Advice for first-time con-goers   Advice for first-time con-goers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Ghostbuster costumes are difficult to make, I hear. That is if you're going to make all the machinery and tech stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for first-time con-goers   Advice for first-time con-goers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for first-time con-goers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The J-Man's Domain :: General Discussion-
Jump to: